Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yogurt Corn Bread

I have been trying for quite some time to find a delicious moist cornbread. There is an awesome restaurant in Brigham City Utah with the absolute best corn bread I have ever eaten! If you are ever in the area check out Maddox Ranch House
Anyway, this recipe isn't as good as theirs, but it's still super tasty! I'm giving it 5 stars.


I baked it in a 9 inch spring form pan. You can also use a deep cake pan.

In a large bowl using a whisk: 1 cup fine yellow or white cornmeal, preferably stone ground. 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour, 2 tablespoons sugar or maple syrup (I recommend B grade pure maple syrup), 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, grated zest of 1 large orange (I didn't actually use this).

In a small bowl using a whisk: 2 large eggs, 1/4 cup cold buttermilk, 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt.

Add to the dry ingredients and pour 1/4 cup corn oil on top. (I actually used Canola, vegetable would probably work fine as well). Stir with a large spoon just until moistened.

Bake in an oven preheated to 425 F. for 20-25 minutes or until golden around the edges and toothpick/knife/cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes.

Delicious with honey butter, or a less healthy option Light Caro Syrup! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers