Monday, November 16, 2009

Old Fashioned Buttermilk Pancakes

Pancakes are one of my most favorite foods. This recipe is no exception, completely delicious! I went ahead and added blueberries, soo good! 5 stars. This recipe makes 12 4-inch pancakes.

In a large bowl:
2 cups unbleached, all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
large pinch of salt

In another bowl: 4 tablespoons (1/2 a stick) unsalted butter, melted
3 large eggs
2 1/4-2 1/2 cups buttermilk
I usually melted the butter in the microwave, then add the eggs and buttermilk.

Combine wet and dry ingredients stirring just until moist. I usually do a 10-15 second whisk.




I like to put my batter in an old ketchup bottle, I took out the plastic protector from the lid so the batter doesn't take forever to come out. It makes things SO much easier!


Cook on medium, the first side for 2 minutes, second side for 1. This has never failed me! You will never burn your pancakes again! The recipe says to grease your pan with butter, but canola oil has always worked better for me. If you are adding blueberries, banana, chocolate chips..etc. add about 1 1/2 tablespoons to each individual pancake after it's on the pan.


Mmm, I love my pancakes with butter and pure maple syrup (B grade has the best taste)


Pancakes on a Saturday or Sunday morning are always a hit at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers