Sunday, March 23, 2014

Blue Cornmeal Pancakes

I like these because they are super filling and wholesome. The only downside was having rather heavy pancakes because of using medium grind blue cornmeal (I couldn't find the fine-grind). But they still tasted great, and I since have found some fine grind I will definitely be making these again.

In a large bowl: 1 1/2 cups fine-grind blue cornmeal, and 3/4 a cup unbleached all purpose flour.
Then add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/4 a teaspoon of salt.
Mix the wet ingredients: 2 large eggs, 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, and 1/4 a cup of corn oil (I used canola). Then add the wet ingredients and do about a 12 second whisk.

Cook just like regular pancakes.





Mmmm. Here are the pancake toppings our family likes:
Butter and Syrup (Various kinds)
Peanut Butter
Nutella
Applesauce
Strawberry Jam
B grade Maple Syrup
Our own homemade Hickory Bark Syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers