Monday, December 7, 2009

Buttermilk Corn Bread

I really didn't like this recipe very much, I thought the Yogurt Corn Bread was much better. I'll give it 2 stars. I do have to say that it was good for stuffing.


In a large bowl: 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour, 1 cup medium grind cornmeal, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt



In another bowl: 2 large eggs, 1 cup buttermilk, 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Combine all ingredients with a large spatula, using no more then 15-20 strokes.


Pour into a 9 inch springform pan (9 inch round or pie plate also work)
Place on rack in the center of the oven and bake 25 minutes, or until golden around the edges and knife/cake tester comes out clean.

Let stand 15 minutes, cut to serve. (I suggest honey butter)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers