Thursday, December 12, 2013

Glazed Zucchini Bread

This one is definitely a winner! I have definitely made my share of not-so-good zucchini bread recipes and was overjoyed to have this one turn out so good!
One warning though (and you will see in my picture below!!) contrary to the recipe this one makes more then one loaf! I would suggest either two 9X5 inch pans, or a 10 inch bundt.

Preheat oven to 350 F


In a large bowl: 3/4 cup vegetable oil (I used canola, you could also use walnut oil if you have it. I don't have it very often since it is rather expensive), and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Beat well, then add 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Beat well, then  fold in 2 cups grated zucchini.
Stir until evenly distributed.


In another bowl: 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 a teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground cloves.  Then finally add 1 cup (4 ounces) walnuts, chopped or golden raisins, plumped and drained. (I used walnuts)
Beat until well combined. Then pour into pans. (This batter would also make delicious muffins!)
Yep, even someone that has been baking for 15+ years can make mistakes!
Place in the preheated oven and bake 65-75 minutes. If you are using two pans I would check at 60 minutes.
Or if you decide to make muffins bake for 20-25 minutes.
I made a few changes to the glaze since I don't use alcohol:
1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brandy or cognac (I substituted with lemon juice, orange juice would also work)
What kid doesn't love the appearance of frosting? lol
Mmm. It sure was good for breakfast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers