Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Easy Cinnamon Monkey Bread

I apologize for my lack of posting this summer. Here's a fun recipe from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book that I wanted to share!
I have a recipe from the bread bible I will be making in the next couple of days that I will post!


Two of these. I got mine with cream cheese frosting. You can also make your own cinnamon rolls, I tried that and it was good too, just takes a lot longer...

Note: The recipe actually calls for the frozen Rhodes Cinnamon roll dough (34.5 oz package) or Orange sweet roll dough. If you choose this route, place on a greased pan about two inches apart and cover with plastic, then thaw in the refrigerator overnight. The dough will begin to rise.

3/4 cup sugar


1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted


1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping (You don't have to get sugar free, that's just what I happened to grab)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously grease a 10 inch tube pan. Sprinkle half the pecans in the bottom. Cut the cinnamon rolls in half and dip half into the butter and then in the sugar. Layer coated rolls in the pan. Drizzle with any of the remaining butter and sprinkle with any remaining sugar. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup pecans over the top. Drizzle ice cream topping over all. I actually put mine in the microwave for about 20 seconds, it made it nice and thin and super easy to drizzle.

My directions told me to bake for 40-45 minutes, but I would recommend checking after 30-35. Then I took the frosting that came with the cinnamon rolls, melted it down in the microwave and drizzled it over the top. (You can also leave the frosting off if you desire, I'm just a huge frosting junkie!)


So Good! They did not last long!

2 comments:

  1. i love it! i want it in my belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...that looks like a whole lot of deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete

Followers